Ok, I am a nerd, and love me some D&D.
Recently I googled something and came across a page that talked about the evils of D&D. One of their proofs that it was wrong was that a 14 old boy killed his parents. He because a satanist because of D&D. Seriously, but now he is born again. I feel much safer :D..
To be real, how many psychos kill in the name of God, or beat their children for the good of God. This is by far the dumbest thing I have heard in a good long while.
Facts:
People that play D&D are less likely to do drugs, join gangs, or otherwise cause trouble. Not because they play D&D, but because they are the type of person that have imagination. Imagination is a vastly important part of humanity, it allows us to sympathize, make connections to things not readily apparent, and expand possibilities. People with strong imaginations often make more money than those without.
So as with all things human, those with too much imagination can run into issues as a result. Common issues for D&D players include living with mom too long, hanging around others that are "nerdy", being into nerdy things such as computers, sci-fi, science, art, etc... (I know really, how do you think we make money).
Summary,
While D&D is not the cause, those who tend to like D&D will likely also be into science, art, and other culturally progressive fields. D&D players are less likely to join gangs, do drugs, or stay OUT late causing trouble in town (They are too busy staying up late causing trouble in a imagined city of dwarves).
No comments:
Post a Comment